Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Name Game

Borgata Winter Poker Open Championship

Charles "Chalie" Hook

Poker players can have split personalities as they shift gears and change their game, but this is the first time players have changed their names, sort of.

Dennis Summers (Charlottesville, VA) who finished 3rd in Event 18 ($39k), has always gone by Mike, except in the blog. "Everybody knows me as Mike," he says, and why he didn't emphasize this during several Borgata final tables over the years, "because I didn't want to confuse people."

Another person with a slight name change is Charles Hook (Philadelphia, PA), who won the Borgata 2009 Summer Heads Up title. We've been calling him "Charlie," but he drops the "r" and it's like a Boston pronunciation "Chalie."

"Charles is my first name, but if you call my mom right now, she'll call me Chalie."

So now Dennis is Mike and Charlie is Chalie!