Friday, January 21, 2011

Event 5: Propped Up

$400 + $50 Omaha H/L 8B

Andy Blum & Bart A. Seemen


Larry Gold Might be Wearing Black & Gold

I noticed a friendly competition between Omaha players and Hold-em players. Omaha claims they are having more fun. Hard to argue with the cast of characters I just met.

Bart A. Seemen is Jason Young's best friend and protege. "He's been like a coach to me" said Bart. Wonder if one of Young's tips was to never fold and get there on the river because Seemen said he did that four times today already.

Next I met Andy Blum (Philadelphia, PA) who informed this first time Omaha reporter that it's impossible to bust out early of a "limit" event like this. My bad.

Then there's retired All American Poker Player Tom "Mark Em Down" Noyes (Clarks Summit, PA) who told me a great story how ten years ago Phil Hellmuth berated him in a 7 card stud hi lo tournament. Oh, then the Poker Brat dusted off his entire stack to Noyes.

And I almost forgot to mention Larry Gold's (Long Island, NY) Borgata Main Event prop bet with Josh Brikis. Gold, a Jets fan vs. Brikis, a Steelers fan - loser has to wear the other team's jersey in the Main Event. Stay tuned...

If I had to judge right now, looks like Omaha is in the lead when it comes to most entertainment for their buy-in dollars.

Level 3 blinds 50-100, limits 100-200.