Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Shannon Short Stack Session

Borgata Winter Poker Open Championship

Shannon O'Grady (Fairfax, VA)

Yesterday Shannon O'Grady (Fairfax, VA), was bluffing and playing crazy.
Today however, is a different story.

"I've been short stacked all day. Started with 60 big blinds and was down as low as 6 big blinds" said O'Grady. But most of the day he's been stuck in the 8-12 big blind range.

How does he do it? "Patience. And I had Aces twice and still got called and paid off both times" said O'Grady.

Since the bubble burst his short stack has survived orbit after orbit and he continues to move up in the money. "Now that I've built up this image, I can open up my game a little" said Shannon.

As for tomorrow, maybe he'll go back to playing more like a maniac again. We shall see.

On the blog we like to focus on the chip leaders and big stacks but sometimes riding a short stack and surviving with it can be equally as impressive.