Thursday, January 27, 2011

Event 16: Go Granny Go!

$260 + $40 Deep Stack NL

Buglion Watches Annie Keep the Table in Line

3 sons, 12 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren are nice, but flopping trips in the big blind at Borgata is even nicer, especially when you knock out a player .

"I didn't even look," says Annie Kane (Forked River, NJ), "I didn't know what I had until the flop." What she has now is 180k and the chip lead after sending a player to the rail while holding 6 9.

Annie simply shrugs and laughs while raking in the pot after her opponent was all-in with A 8 on a board of 6 6 8.

This Granny says she's been playing poker forever and finished 4th in a tournament a long, long time ago. "I didn't know what I was doing then and I don't know what I'm doing now, but I get very lucky."

Annie and John Buglion (Commack, NY) have been side by side all day and you get the sense he'll be adopted by the end of the dinner break. Buglion says he's been struggling with Annie on his left and she quickly chimes in, "I tried giving you chips, but you wouldn't take them."

Annie has a decent lead over her nearest competitor, Judy Urban (Plymouth Meeting, PA) who has 150k, but there are a lot of stacks between 100k and 120k.

Approximately 220 players remain with an average stack of 54k.